Coronavirus: PIRGROUP statement
The worldwide spreading of the corona virus (covid-19) is raising many questions and especially how this will affect the global mobility industry. Hundreds of corona virus contagions have been reported in The Netherlands so far. The World Health Organization has recently considered the spreading virus as a pandemic. More and more Dutch companies are implementing strict policies. For now, the way that the corona virus will affect the global mobility industry will depend mostly on the (international) companies.
The measures companies are currently taking are for instance:
- Placing employees in quarantine for 14 days upon their arrival in The Netherlands when travelling from the risk areas (e.g. China, Italy)
- There will be no hand shaking between relocation, governmental, health care professionals and the assignees
- There will be no sharing of materials such as note books, pens etc.
- Physical contact will be avoided where possible
- Assignees who are already in the Netherlands and who have been diagnosed with the coronavirus or came from the risk areas may be required to work from home
- UPDATE from the Government on 12th of March: throughout the Netherlands people with a nose cold, coughing complaints or throat ache and maybe fever are strongly advised to stay home and avoid social contact as much as possible until they are feeling well again. Events with more than 100 people will be cancelled. Museums, theaters and sport clubs wil be closed. Restaurants with more than 100 seats will need to take measures to avoid contagions. For now, it has not yet been ordered to close all schools. Visits to elderly or to those with a weakened immune system should be limited. These new measures will apply until at least the 1st of April.
It is understandable if you are worried and have questions. The municipal and regional health service (GGD) closely monitors the situation regarding the corona virus; this they do in cooperation with the National Institute for public health and the environment (RIVM) and aid providers in the region. All general practitioners are properly informed by the GGD. PIRGROUP follows the advice of the RIVM and the GGD. Should the advice change, we will of course inform you of this.
Since the corona virus is a type of a flu virus, it is important to keep the same advice in mind as for other flu viruses:
- Wash your hands thoroughly on a regular basis (see: https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/)
- Stay home and get plenty of rest when possible
- Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow
- Use paper tissues
- Drink plenty of fluids
Not feeling well: the flu or coronavirus?
The coronavirus is similar to having the flu or a cold, but according to the World Health Organization there are several differences between a flu and the coronavirus:
Symptoms of the flu:
- (sudden) fever
- cold chills
- throat ache
- head ache
- muscle pain
Symptoms of the coronavirus:
- shortness of breath
- overall difficulties with breathing
As for our services, we do not limit our assistance due to the corona virus and we are happy to proceed with our support. If any additional information is required, our team remains at your disposal. For news and recent updates about the coronavirus please visit this government website.